As a new season is getting ready to start, that only means that new signature shoes are ready to take on new looks. As Kyrie Irving will start his new era with the Brooklyn Nets this year he also will start the Nike Kyrie 6 era as well as he debuts the “Jet Black” colorway.
The Nike Kyrie 5 has had a huge past year. It has seen many new makeovers as well as quite a bit of collaborations as well. Just coming off the successful Spongebob collection, it’s no brainer that Kyrie Irving’s sneaker was the top-performing basketball shoe of the year. As basketball shoes are not the easiest to create hype around the team at Nike was able to cash in on the Kyrie 5.
Nike has paired the Kyrie 6 with a mash-up of past silhouettes as well as new designs to give fans a great new look. As this pair arrives in a classic black and white colorway, it is easy to see the design aesthetics they were going for. Arriving with a textile upper, leather is also used to add a bit of texture to the sneaker. As it takes on a similar heel counter as the Kyrie 1, we also see a reminiscent look on the lace strap as it draws inspiration from the Kyrie 2. Normal Kyrie branding is placed in as the midsole features a split look that adds a pop of color.
NIKE KYRIE 6 “JET BLACK” RELEASE INFORMATION
The Nike Kyrie 6 “Jet Black” is set to arrive this month on November 22nd, 2019 at select retailers and Nike.com for $130. Check out official images below and stay tuned to JustFreshKicks for more sneaker news.
Nike Kyrie 6 “Jet Black”
Style Code: BQ4630-001
Release Date: November 22nd, 2019
Retail Price: $130
UPDATE: Kyrie Irving and Nike officially revealed his Nike Kyrie 6 this morning and there are a lot of updated and familiar features featured in the silhouette. Keep reading below for a detailed look and the features the shoe contains.
- The Traction 360 grip helps keep Irving feeling quicker and more connected to the court. Micro textures on the top of the forefoot extend that connection during extreme banking.
- To enable Irving to play at top speed, the last is dropped 5mm closer to the court.
- The KYRIE 6 features a plush foam, or optimum cushion, and a smooth underfoot feel at the heel.
- The midfoot strap offers increased stability and arch support.
- Despite the aesthetic of the new last, the curved outsole still provides Irving (and those who emulate him) banked traction to help with court grip whether banking, cutting or attacking the basket in drastic degrees.
- The KYRIE 6 features the same articulated Nike Air Zoom Turbo unit in the forefoot as its predecessor, helping enable responsiveness at all directions.
- As noted in the tech, the traditionally styled midfoot strap is a new element in the KYRIE line. It doesn’t just support dynamic cutting motion, it imbues a sense of nostalgic ’90s swag too.
- The refined materials — including premium leather and ballistic mesh — promote off-court appeal.
- A sharply modeled heel counter references models worn by KYRIE in his pre-signature PE days and some of his favorite lifestyle silhouettes.
- Irving’s signature line continues to reflect some of his personal and spiritual connections. For example, some of the motifs appearing on the KYRIE 6 include the healer’s hand, all-seeing eye, number 11 and his mantra “hungry and humble.”
- The KYRIE 6, like the models before it, will also function as a canvas for unique colorways that offer insight into Irving’s emotional and intellectual energy.
Images Via solebyjc